To become a Mason, ask a Mason
To be eligible for membership in a South Carolina masonic lodge, a petitioner must:
- be a resident of South Carolina for the preceding 12 months; six months if active military
- be male, at least 18 years of age
- be a believer in the existence of a Supreme Being
- be a voluntary candidate for membership
- be motivated to join for reasons unrelated to personal gain or profit
- be prompted by a favorable opinion of Freemasonry
- be desirous of knowledge
- be willing to conform to the Ancient Usages and Customs of the Fraternity
- be willing to submit to a background check, and personally meet with a representative of our fraternity.
Freemasonry is proud of its philosophy and practice of “making good men better.”
Only individuals believed to be of the finest character are favorably considered for membership. Candidates with pending criminal charges and/or extensive criminal records will not be considered for membership.
For answers to frequently asked questions click here